Searching through the pantry, I found bits of this and that scattered throughout my baking shelves. Half package of dates, handful of oats, open bags of chocolate chips, a smidge of flour…. Can you see where I am going with this?
I felt an overwhelming sensation to purge. Just clean out that particular section of my house/kitchen/pantry/shelf. Literally just pull out those few things that all of a sudden made my pantry “messy.”
Ahh, side slap my hands to my cleaning accomplishment and proceed to figure out what to do with this stuff. I don’t have enough of anything make a recipe straight up, but, it’s all I gots.
For the recipe on the open date package, I didn’t have enough cinnamon, dates, oats…
I found a recipe card for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
I didn’t have enough chips.
- Added more flour to make up some of the oatmeal difference
- Used cinnamon sugar and took out a bit of the regular sugar
- Divided the dough and dumped the dates in one bowl and the assorted chocolate chips in the other bowl.
What I found to be true:
- Baking is NOT an exact science as perceived
- I hate cinnamon with chocolate
- I need to clean the shelves/pantry/kitchen/house more often.
1 stick of Butter
1/2 cup Crisco
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 teaspoon Cinnamon Sugar
2 cups Old Fashion Oats
-SIFT, MIX INTO WET INGREDIENTS
8 oz. Dates
6 oz. Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
6 oz. Milk Chocolate Chips
-SPLIT DOUGH IN HALF. MIX DATES IN ONE PART, CHIPS IN OTHER. DROP TEASPOON BALL OF DOUGH ONTO UNGREASED COOKIE SHEET.
350* 12 MIN